£100 in John Lewis vouchers to be won: Macmillan Summer Quiz

For prize quizzers looking for answers. We have a strict policy of NOT allowing people to post answers publicly so that we don't spoil the quiz for other people. Giving clues is fine though.
MacmillanQuizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

£100 in John Lewis vouchers to be won: Macmillan Summer Quiz

Postby MacmillanQuizzer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:47 pm

The Summer Quiz for Macmillan Cancer Support is available both by online donation at http://www.justgiving.com/theSummerQuiz2012and by post from
'The Summer Quiz'
c/o The King's Head
19 Maiden Lane
STAMFORD
Lincolnshire PE9 2AZ
by sending SAE (large enough to hold a folded A3 sheet) and cheque payable to 'Macmillan Cancer Support' for at least £2.

Copies bought online will be sent out from midday on Sunday 10th June. When donating online using JustGiving.com, please remember to tick the box to allow me to see your email address, otherwise I can't send you your copy of the quiz!

Copies bought by post will be sent out from Monday 18th June. If donating by post, you might like to include a completed gift-aid form which can be downloaded from http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Donate/GiftAid/GiftAid.aspx

Copies sent in the post are A3 size which many people prefer. Electronic copies sent to online donors can be printed out on any size of paper your printer can handle.

The quiz consists of cryptic clues to the names of 100 famous women from across history and from across the world.

There will be prizes of £50, £30, & £20 in John Lewis vouchers for the first three correct entries drawn at random after the closing date of 18 August 2012.

Users of this site are kindly requested neither to solicit nor to provide answers to this quiz, although the solicitation and provision of subtle hints from 12 August onwards would be acceptable. Thank you.

Thank you to everyone who supports my quizzes, I hope you will all support and enjoy this one too.
Last edited by MacmillanQuizzer on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacmillanQuizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Macmillan Summer Cryptic Quiz - 100 famous women

Postby MacmillanQuizzer » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Two people have kindly donated but have omitted to provide me with their email address:
Susan Powell,
Kay Armstrong

Please email me: MacmillanQuizzer@btconnect.com and I will then send you your copy of the quiz. Thanks.

MacmillanQuizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby MacmillanQuizzer » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:41 pm

We are very close to £500 raised & 100 donations by the end of launch day!

Thank you so much to everyone for their generosity and support.

MacmillanQuizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby MacmillanQuizzer » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:25 am

Dave Cowley

I should like to record my debt of gratitude to my friend Dave Cowley who used to help proofread my quizzes for me and who passed away unexpectedly suddenly on Thursday 14th June aged just 57.

MacmillanQuizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: £100 in John Lewis vouchers to be won: Macmillan Summer

Postby MacmillanQuizzer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:48 pm

I've just posted fully annotated answers to the Summer Quiz(with links to every woman's wikipedia entry)on my blog here: http://macmillanquizzer.blogspot.co.uk

Due to a late surge in entries, we are still marking, and the winners will be announced later.

Thank you to everyone who took part. So far this quiz has raised £1167.

MacmillanQuizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby MacmillanQuizzer » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 pm

The winners' names have just been announced on http://www.macmillanquizzer.blogspot.co.uk . The total raised is now £1225.

petewins57
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby petewins57 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 am

Richard, thanks for another great quiz & well done on yet another excellent bit of fundraising.
Pete
Head of Qulaity Control

Return to “Prize Quizzers”