Contuinuous Quiz - Music

davidsaunders
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Contuinuous Quiz - Music

Postby davidsaunders » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:16 am

Thank you Steve. As you, and others, are so good, I shall try and set something a little obscure. We shall see if it is!

In the opinion of some critics, which singer songwriter’s best song is called “Lie To Me” although it was never released as a single?

Northernpopquizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Northernpopquizzer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:14 pm

It's certainly a cracker that one, I don't recall it but I may have it in my collection. When you have so many tracks and there's some you've yet to play then you can't know everything though it's definitely ringing a bell with me. I'm gonna sleep on it and have another think David. You know I'm gonna get you back in the Pop Quiz League now don't you ?

davidsaunders
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby davidsaunders » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks for your comments Steve. So your league questions are going to be even harder!!

After I set this, I looked on Wikipedia and thought that this may not be too obscure after all as the song has its own page, despite never being a single. It is stated on that page that:

"Lie to Me was widely considered to be one of the best songs that ????? had written and performed. Many fans and critics alike described the song as the type of single that would return ???? to the top of the charts”

I hope that is a clue but will give another tomorrow, if not answered.

Northernpopquizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Northernpopquizzer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Well David after wracking my brain and asking a couple of my contacts we all concede that we don't know that track. My conclusion is therefore that it must be a fairly modern artist as if it was before say 1990 I'm pretty sure I would have at least heard of the track. I will await your next clue unless someone else has any inclination.

davidsaunders
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby davidsaunders » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:40 am

It is a post 1990 track- it was to be the third single from the artist's second solo album but was not released as a single after the first 2 singles from the album did not make the UK top 10 and the album did not even make the top 30 in the album charts.

Northernpopquizzer
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Northernpopquizzer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:54 pm

I still don't have a clue, I'm gonna ask my mate Peter at my Quiz tomorrow night and see if he's heard of it. Looks like you've beaten us all.

davidsaunders
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby davidsaunders » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:55 am

After the artist's group reformed in about 2006, this artist has regain their popularity, is regularly seen on tv and has a single and an album at number 2 in the respective UK charts.

petewins57
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby petewins57 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:30 am

Gary Barlow
Pete
Head of Qulaity Control

davidsaunders
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby davidsaunders » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Gary Barlow is correct

petewins57
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby petewins57 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:50 pm

Thanks David. Prompted by your question, I looked it up & had a listen. Quite nice, but a long way from being his best I'd say, but these things are all down to individual taste, are they not?

Anyway...

Which singer's long term muse was Sara Allen, who inspired one of his best loved songs & also co-wrote many of his other hits?
Pete
Head of Qulaity Control

Return to “Continuous Quiz - Music”