Bolton Quiz (31 March) Sign-Up Page

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Moodymark
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: Bolton Quiz (31 March) Sign-Up Page

Postby Moodymark » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Jane wrote:Really lovely to see you both. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed it and very much look forward to welcoming you back again. Jane xxx

Likewise! ;)

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:01 am

Tore Dahl in Norway tells me they expect to publish the international results on Tuesday. I'll keep you all posted and alert you when they are made available. I submitted the UK scores (converted to the Norwegian 'all-in' method) this afternoon. Similarly Jane and Jules will be working hard to get your the global Hot 100 results for Monday night.

Anyway, in the meantime, and at lest as important as any of the foregoing :D here are the UK style results relevant to the BQA's Order of Merit and Rankings.

Note - file amended 20.35hrs 3 April.

ImageImage
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:41 pm

With a few scores left to come in, our Norwegian friends have posted the results from Saturday'e event, scored according to their 'all-in system' (i.e. all six genres and all 240 questions counting). Some late score submissions notwithstanding, we congratulate Tero Kalliolevo whose 155/240 topped Jesse Honey's 152. A brilliant and not unexpected result there for Tero. Well done also to those nations who placed well. Currently seven different nations - Finland, England, Norway, Estonia, France (Didier), USA and Wales (Mark Grant) - appear in the top 13.

Full results can be seen (and 'manipulated') HERE.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

lhermann
Sage Quizzer
Sage Quizzer

Postby lhermann » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Please can I have another point on Art and Culture on the Norwegian table - I got 9.1 so should have 10 not 9 - these things matter at my end of the table!

I've e-mail Tore. I've also alerted him (and Jules) to the fact Guy Stubbs' scores have been wrongly attributed to Kaye. Oops. Chris

vandahl
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby vandahl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 am

Any particular reason? I see that the multipart questions could have been better marked, i.e alteratives 1,2,3,4 to be paired with A,B,C,D.

It was my error. We had to convert all the UK data entered into our spreadsheet - e.g. a UK score of 9.1 becomes 10 when you have regard to the fact all questions counted fully for Norway scores. While I did a lot or re-typing and use of MSExcel's formatting possibilities, obviously some errors crept in. Apologies. Chris

Return to “Archive (past events)”