Arriving Tallinn circa 13.00hrs Fri 9th November?

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arriving Tallinn circa 13.00hrs Fri 9th November?

Postby Chris » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Message for United Kingdom (only) EQC attendees arriving Tallinn Friday between 12.30 and 13.30hrs.

A dozen or more people (including Tim Westcott +4) are arriving at this time, and as convenient and timely onward bus travel to Tartu cannot be guaranteed, our Estonian friends are looking into chartering a bus to help people make the final part of their journey (I don't know the cost etc., so please don't ask, final cost will be determined by numbers etc.).

If you are arriving at Tallinn airport from the UK circa 1.00pm (i.e. 30 mins either side) and want to be considered for a space on this bus, PLEASE LET ME KNOW A.S.A.P.. You can PM me or e-mail me at the usual address.

PLEASE NOTE: If you're arriving anywhere else, or in Tallinn at any other time, or are not travelling from the UK., please enquire via the official EQC 2012 website.

Thanks

P.S. I'm also grateful to Neil Macaskill who reminds me that Arko Olesk issued a warning that Tallinn-Tartu buses can be rather busy on Fridays. So, it may be advisable to book even if you're planning to travel on the Friday morning/lunchtime, i.e. having arrived during the Friday morning, or been in the city overnight). Tickets are available via this website, but only from 10 days before travel.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

davidmfay
Novice Quizzer
Novice Quizzer

Re: Arriving Tallinn circa 13.00hrs Fri 9th November?

Postby davidmfay » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Chris

I will be arriving in Tallinn (Lennart Meri Airport) at 11.15 on Thursday night the 8th and if there is any spare room for me (even in the luggage compartment or on the roof rack) I would be honoured and delighted to join the company. I realise Dublin's sort of a former part of the UK, but I'd be happy to produce my birth cert showing I was whelped in the fine hospital of St Thomas's, Westminster, London and my second-cousinship with Her Majesty if necessary. It's only for the journey to Tartu. I'll be heading back to Dublin on Monday by a combination of dinghy and doggie-crawl!

Seriously though if it's an option please let me know (I registered for the event three weeks ago and my name should be up with the Ireland contingent any time soon on the official website of the event.)

As ever Chris
Best wishes and looking forward to meeting you and Jane again
Quizzically Yours
David Fay

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 pm

David, please re-read my message, you are posting in the wrong thread (and barking up the wrong tree).

For completeness, my reference to "UK only" was not an attempt to exclude people as such, rather I didn't want Belgians etc. telling me here they wanted on the bus, and then feed that through to Estonia, only for the Belgian iQa rep to also feed back about the same people. What would then happen is some people get booked twice and Arko can end up ordering a much bigger (and expensive) bus than is necessary! That is why I am leaving it to each iQa organisation to contact Arko themselves - as per HIS request on Facebook.

All that aside, you're not arriving around the time Arko is interested in and will have likely already got yourself to Tartu while he is still loading people on a bus back in Tallinn.

Thanks

Chris
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

davidmfay
Novice Quizzer
Novice Quizzer

Postby davidmfay » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks Chris for the clarity of that. I have been on to Arko since and things are sorted now. So see you (and the redoubtable Jane) next week in either Tallinn or Tartu or both.

Regards
Dave

Return to “Archive (past events)”