British Open / Bury Grand Prix - Sat 5 December 2015

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
AdrianChalkley
Quizzer
Quizzer

Re: British Open / Bury Grand Prix - Sat 5 December 2015

Postby AdrianChalkley » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:43 pm

Please put Richard Chalkley and me down for the day's quizzing.

Thanks
Adrian

employment60
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby employment60 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:10 pm

Could you add me please? I'll be there all day.

Tony Walmsley

BrianDavis
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby BrianDavis » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Could you add me in please for tomorrow. I'll also be there all day.

Thanks very much

Brian Davis

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:36 am

Just a reminder that entry to the GP gets you free entry to the museum (just tell the person at the ticket station that you're attending the quiz in the Minden Suite) so it's well worth arriving early to view the splendid collection in this rather new museum (dedicated to the 'recently' combined Fusilier Regiments - i.e. not just the Lancashire Fusiliers).

There's an added attraction also, costumes from the TV series Downton Abbey are on display in the Gallipoli Room (where you may also be able to see the Fusiliers 'regimental silver').

Looking forward to seeing everyone - with 16 in Edinburgh we're expecting 100 quizzers taking part here in the UK, and hundreds more worldwide - we've two venues in India and, for the first time for this quiz, quizzers in Croatia.

Other international participants are in Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Russia, Singapore, and the UAE.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Here are the [amended] UK-only results. International results will follow once they have all come in from all the various venues (likely Monday or Tuesday). Please note some people are showing ZERO for some genres, this is because the relevant sections on their score sheet submission(s) were blank.

Many thanks once again to all who made today possible, especially Andrew Frazer for the Individual Paper, road-testers Dave McBryan and Mark Rae, Cristian Pop for the Hot 100, and (in Bury) Andrew Teale and Colin Daffern for the afternoon's team quiz.

Chris Jones

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Here now are the global results.

Two or three countries took the papers but have not, to date, submitted scores. I have decided to proceed without them, sufficient time having elapsed for some in other countries to become impatient to see the scores.

To be fair another country (Ireland) did send prompt apologies for the fact particularly bad weather had prevented them from gathering to take the quiz. Commiserations fellas!

We are very grateful to all the proctors and administrators around the world who made this event possible - particularly those organising multiple sites in their country/region - and supported our efforts to get the scores together. It was lovely to be joined by countries like Kazakhstan in this endeavour. We look forward to them joining us for the World Championships in June 2016.
Chris Jones

Return to “Archive (past events)”