Liverpool Grand Prix

This is a repository for ephemeral and/or superseded information posts and discussion topics which are nevertheless thought worthy of retention.
Jane
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liverpool Grand Prix

Postby Jane » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Our next Quizzing.co.uk Grand Prix takes place at Blundells Hill Golf Club in Liverpool on Saturday 6th February. This hidden gem on the hill, to quote the website, is just 20 minutes from Liverpool City Centre and 5 minutes from junction 7 of the M62. There are also good rail links. There are several hotels in the vicinity. Details of the venue can be found here:

http://www.blundellshill.co.uk/pages.ph ... sitor.html

As if a full day of quizzing wasn’t enough for us, Mark Kerr is celebrating a significant birthday and has invited us all to join in the party by providing a hot evening meal after the day’s quizzing for any one that would like to join him. I’m sure you would all like to help him celebrate and if you wish to join him please let us know when you sign up for the quiz. This is an extremely generous, not to mention expensive offer, so we do need definite numbers. Please only accept his invitation if you can definitely make it.

Daytime Schedule
11.00 Registration (if not done via PayPal)
11.30 Individual Quiz
13.00 Marking
13.45 Lunch
15.00 Team Quiz
16.30 Prizes
16.45 Hot 100 & Answers
17.45 Close

Entry: £25, lunch provided, £12.50 for first time attendees.
There will be a hot lunch provided in the form of stew and chips. A vegetarian option is available please let us know on sign up if you require this.

There will also be cask ale on tap.

While not at all mandatory, it will greatly assist us if you could make payment prior to the event via PayPal. You don't need to even have a PayPal account to make a payment. Just visit the paypal.co.uk website and click on the "send money" button. The address to send it to (when asked for our e-mail address) is payments@quizzing.co.uk. Thanks!

Getting to the venue

Blundells Hill
Blundells Lane
Rainhill
Merseyside
Liverpool
L35 6NA

http://www.blundellshill.co.uk/pages.ph ... nd_us.html

Many thanks once more to birthday boy Mark Kerr for finding us a lovely venue, and for sharing his big day with us. Thanks also to Eric Kilby for a very well received individual set, to Dave Tilley for the super questions in his team quiz, and to Cristian Pop for a bold and well-executed Hot 100 theme!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well done to the winners, but a special mention for Didier who shows Coventry was no fluke by finishing runner up AGAIN, and to Mark Preston on his debut win in Sport, from down in 69th place overall - vindicating the 'genre' format and showing all can shine. Marvelous.

allanhoy

Re: Liverpool Grand Prix

Postby allanhoy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Please count me in for full day (including evening meal). Will pay on the day. Thanks

Phatmarkie
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Phatmarkie » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:51 pm

All Day for me please guys, including the evening soiree... I shall paypal gp payment.

Numberone
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Numberone » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Please include myself for the full day please, though not the evening function Will pay on the day.
Derek Moody

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:29 pm

As an aide memoire if nothing else, Ebb Saxton and Diane Hallagan will be attending, and both will stay for the evening bash as well (at least until ca. 9pm).
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Elspethparks1215
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby Elspethparks1215 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:45 pm

Hi,
Please reserve a place for me for the day (Syd can't make it). Thanks for kind invite but not able to stay for the evening.
Many thanks,
Elspeth

NickArcher
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby NickArcher » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:20 am

Please include me. Thanks for the invitation, but I shan't make it to the evening meal.

Regards.

Nick

hatton02
Quizzer
Quizzer

Postby hatton02 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:20 pm

Count me in please as well as for the evening meal.

Another lamb to the slaughter.

Kirk Bevins

HelenBelcham

Postby HelenBelcham » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Please count me in, and I would also like to stay for the evening event. Have paid £12.50 (first-timer) by Pay-pal

SCOTTY501

Postby SCOTTY501 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:17 am

Please count me in. This will be my first event. Evening meal too.

Have paid the entry fee via paypal.

A Ram to the slaughter.

Scott Gibling.

Return to “Archive (past events)”