Help verifying a question....(Monty Python)

Anything you like - as long as it's quiz-related!
DanielFullard
Quizzer
Quizzer

Help verifying a question....(Monty Python)

Postby DanielFullard » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:16 am

Just setting a quiz and I came across a piece of trivia about Monty Python Movies which has lead me to write the question...

Who is the only "character" to appear in all 4 Monty Python movies (Life of Brian, Meaning of Life, Holy Grail, And Now for Something Completely Different) ?

According to the Trivia the answer would be God....but is this correct?

Obviously I remember him in Holy Grail and Meaning of Life but does God actually appear in Life of Brian. Been that long since I saw it I cannot remember. Also I have lent my box set of the full works out so cannot check myself. Does anyone know off the top of their heads if this is true?

Think its a cracking question if correct

AndyPage
Novice Quizzer
Novice Quizzer

Re: Help verifying a question....(Monty Python)

Postby AndyPage » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:38 am

As 'Life of Brian' is probably the film I have watched the most number of times, I think I can say categorically that God as a single character does not appear at any time in the film. If you take the trinitarian approach, it could be argued that the character played by Ken Colley (namely Jesus Christ) actually personifies one of God's three forms - father, son and spirit - but personally, I think it is stretching things a tad and would cause considerable controversy. I wouldn't set it.

Cracking questions aren't always the most accurate.

Hope this helps

Andy

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:04 pm

I seem to remember a rather long sequence of (Terry Gilliam's) animated opening credits to Life of Brian in which God may very well have appeared - I have a pastiche featuring Michelangelo's scene of God touching Adam's finger in my minds eye.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

Chris
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Here you go... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWjf9DhlnA Strike the Michelangelo reference but I'm claiming William Blake's representation of God makes a late appearance near the end of this sequence.
Chris Jones
Director, Quizzing Ltd., BQA and iQa

grecian
Grand Master Quizzer
Grand Master Quizzer

Postby grecian » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:07 pm

AndyPage wrote:Cracking questions aren't always the most accurate.

So, so, true. I am often prepared to indulge an inaccurate question if it has beauty, like Daniel's suggested question.

Return to “Quiz Discussion”